15 November 2009- I think the gunk is still in my lungs. Maybe I am allergic to Paris or the cat. I swear it didn't hurt like this in Athens. C'est la vie.
I found a place to order my Thanksgiving turkey. Of all places, the store is called Thanksgiving. They carry all the fixings and some additional grocery items. I got some cocktail sauce, green salsa, a can of Ranch Style beans (Chad's) and the much sought after can of chipotle in adobo. Now to friends who are coming, still bring your items. They can be found in Paris but the price is close to exorbitant. But in a pinch, I know where to go.
I had dragged Chad along with me. Nearby I had seen a sign for a Scottish pub (like an Irish pub, only better :) and this pub carries IPA. We stopped in, chatted with the bartender and the Colorado born waitress. We will definitely return for more pints and maybe a burger or snack.
Since we were in the area, we had to stop by Ma Vi Ma for a falafel. No L'AS as the line is too long and the falafel is not as good. MVM has samples of the freshly fried goodness. Plus they have a piment sauce that makes a good mix with the hummus. I swear these things are 500 grams full, definitely your 5 servings of vegetables inside. Giant lunch for 5 euro, sold.
We have received numerous requests for our 2010 dates. We have updated the calendar to reflect our travel plans for the first six months of 2010. Please consult calendar and email us your dates as soon as possible. We would love to have you all take advantage of us, we just need to know. FYI- British Airways is running some hot deals to Europe so now is your chance. Use the form for Chez Nickell to reserve your stay. Still no word on possible USA re-entry but time is ticking down. Act now!
15 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment