01 October 2009

Seeking beach and spare time

1 October 2009- The first of the month. Another month down on our stay here. As we approach the "final" year mark, I am getting the crunch on getting in as much of Paris, France, Europe in general. No time to waste.
I have been busy, except today. I kind of blew off my errands, I am going on vacation so needed things like laundry instead of SIM card shopping. That will be here next week.
Our next trip is a TGV train first thing in the morning to Nice. It takes 5 hours (!) but still better than flying. We pick up a rental car in Nice to jet over to Monaco real quick. Then back to Nice for the night. We are leaving Nice after a quick breakfast and heading along the Cote Azur to St. Tropez. Just for photo ops, too expensive to stay there. We are continuing on the coast towards Marseille but big cities hold nothing for me any more. We are stopping short in the coastal city of Bandol. From Bandol we are meandering up thru Provence (not lavender time) but staying in Salon du Provence. Then we are shooting up to Arles to see the Roman ruins and heading to Avignon to catch the return train back home. It will be fun to be trapped in a car again with Chad. Look forward to posts of odd GPS timings, some fuzzy drive-by pictures and our adventures in the south of France.

No comments: