3 September 2009- While it is the time for people to return to their jobs and school, I did just bid an exit to my aunt and her guest. What a great time to visit! The tourists are back in their countries getting ready for school and the Parisians were just slowly trickling back into town. People are fairly happy, the vacation glow is still around and the crowds on the streets and trains are just getting back.
My aunt and her neighbor visited Paris for the first time. We nearly broke them a few times but they pulled through. I toured them around for the first 3 days, then cut them loose with a cell phone and instructions. They survived. They even looked so much the informed tourist, that they got asked for directions. They navigated the bus, train and metro to several sites around town. I did start them on the right foot by taking the river cruise early in their trip to get them a quick orientation to Paris. They even managed to stop for food and coffee several times without Mme. Nickell to parle la Francais. It can be done. So warning to all those still to visit, you will be on your own for parts of your vacation but you will be all-right.
It worked out great since it seems that I have another small cold. Nothing major although my inner ear might also be involved. I have a laundry list for my doctor visit coming up so that will be a doozy of a visit.
Back to my aunt's visit. I am sure she is glad to be leaving. We stuffed her appropriately with all the lovely French treats. One night she won the dessert contest by ordering the pear in chocolate. Wow. Even with all the walking during the day, we needed to roll them home and into bed. They are off to Germany this morning with a train to catch to their bike ride vacation. They will be certain to burn off any French calories on the Austrian countryside.
Me I am doing laundry and just resting. I leave tomorrow to have a rendez-vous with Chad in the city of Grenoble. We are doing this one cheap, after Norway we kind of have to. We might try to rent bikes to get around but the Alps are close and I am not in Contador kind of shape. Better yet to be the Italian who won the King of Mountain jersey in this year's Tour.
03 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment