My friends Mmes E and D accompanied me to Reims. Kind of a time warp trip since I was just there last week. But I did the ultimate faux pas, no champagne was drunk. I made up for it in this trip. We toured the lovely Ruinart house and learned about the types of grapes, wine starting product, turning, sediment, the process of getting the sediment out (includes probable use of Uncle AL liquid nitrogen) and the aging process. We also took part in the Pommery tour where they recapped most of what we had already learned. We enjoyed 2 tastes from each house. Of course the best was the Dom Ruinart Rose vintage. It was 198 euros a bottle. And yes you can taste the difference!
We had a lovely girls night out to get Mme D ready for her return to real life in the US of A. A bit sad but alas our time here must end eventually for all of us. I vow to visit her in Philly, never had a cheesesteak so really good excuse. After buying some souvenirs (bottles to share my knowledge with Chad) we made our way back to Paris on the train. Now I need to get my errands done in time for the weekend!

2 comments:
How many cases of the Dom Ruinart Rose vintage did you bring home? :)
maybe for the shipping container when we come home but definitely not any sooner.
Post a Comment