23 June 2009- The petit apartment survived a visit from my sister-in-law, 3 kids and a mother-in-law. Hooray! 7 people for 5 nights, 4 packed full days. Nothing was damaged, other than our new North American DVD, RIP. It got a full dose of French power and blew its circuits. It is back to watching via the Computer and its high pitched noise. Saw most of the same sights, hard to mix it up when so many people are first timers to Paris. I feel really bad for late coming visitors. They are going to get me accompanying them to the sights but there are some I just cannot see again. Sorry but you did wait almost 2 years to visit us. The duck and escargot went over big with the teens and just the frites for the 7 year old. Next time, cheese lessons for everyone!
Tomorrow starts the season I love, SOLDES aka the sales. Just in time for Chad's birthday. Now if he would just tell what he wants for a gift. He chose a tapestry table cloth from St. Chappelle but since we don't ever use our table unless we have guests, he is going to have to wait for that one. The nephews are pushing hard for Uncle Chad to get an Ipod touch. I doubt it. I already got burned by the Ipod and nano a few years ago only to be new versioned less than a month later. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments.
I will be spending my afternoon doing the laundry shuffle. 3 weeks until next visitors but then I get to see my good friend and her Lance-loving husband as we drive around France. Things to see NOT on the Paris museum pass: priceless! A bientot.
A post script as well- Junior is sick. Not sure when it started but he is so sad with these violent sneezes. I guess when he kissed the niece, he got more than he bargained for. Pray I don't have to take him to the vet. I need to start brushing up on my Francais pour les animaux in that case.
23 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH God, I stopped going with people to Parisian places a long time ago! You are right, can only take Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe so many times!
Lovin' sales! Will be out of the house probably by 9am! I need a small oval blue Le Creuset. Sound familiar?
My kudos to you! Good luck on the birthday gift arena. What did I get Brad for his birthday? I should know this since it was only a couple of weeks ago. Father's Day was a Garmin Forerunner but that is the only idea I can offer.
Already have the GPS with world maps. Thinking that Soldes will inspire something...
Post a Comment