17 May 2009

Jet Lag

18 May 2009- Rough day in Paris. My body is exhausted. My head hurts and my dad is snoring. We returned to Paris with my parents. I already hurt their feet and have improved the length of walking they can do without stopping. Dad took a spin (literally) on the escaltor getting home from the airport. A few scrapes and a broken lens in his glasses but he is doing alright. Not too bad for an old guy. Mom is still pinching herself that she is indeed in Paris. I have a feeling this city will blow her away everyday.
Paris is beautiful, green and it seems cleaner than in weeks previous. Must have been all the rain. My geraniums are fully bloomed and the balcony blends in with all the other balconies now. I braved the grocery store for some bare minimum supplies and fell right back into my routine. Chad had me right back in the kitchen, where the housewife should be! After 2 weeks of dining out, we are ready for food that we know the nutritional information on. Junior has been purring so loudly I think he and Dad are having a contest.
I should try to sleep again. I have a full day besides shopping and cleaning. Bought some new sheets when we were home and already miss the giant clothes dryer. Miss the Lu, of course the Berli and wish that they could come visit tomorrow.

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Have a great time touring your parents around Paris! Still looking forward to seeing some photos with the new lens.

phuong said...

Welcome back! I'm not sure if Paris is cleaner, but the weather is nicer (well, when it decides to not be bipolar and change every half an hour)!

I'm with Laura, can't wait to see the fisheye lens pics! And give us a ring when you're done with the jet lag!