My bologna has a first name...We drove from Florence to Bologna on our way back towards Milan. The guide book kept warning us of the dreaded ZTL (zona a traffico limitato) or limited traffic zones. Park well ahead of these signs or a few weeks later, expect a ticket in the mail. We parked at the first available lot. This was the cemetery and it was quite a ways away from the city center. We found a lunch spot not BOLOGNA. More like typical 2 course fare.
More wandering around and we found the leaning tower of Bologna. All brick and definitely leaning. On the walk back to the car, guess who I found? The crazy lady from the Roissybus and her little dog. Ah, what in the world are the chances of that? I should have pushed her down but she looked lost in old Bologna and the dog was no help.
Pushed thru to the town of Parma. Famous for the cheese and ham. And get this, none was for sale. At least in the center or the market. Big bummer.
We got heck out the city and decided to bee line straight for the next stop, Cambiago. It is a suburb of Milan. Close to where the Chad had to work/audit. By this time, the packing light had worked in our advantage. But supplies of clean clothes were running low. No laundry facilities at the hotel except the overpriced dry-clean bag option. No laundromats in the village, but tada there was a SPAR grocery store. Voila a bit of soap, sink and extra towels to wring out the laundry. Only problem now was the drying. No line provided in the bathroom, no rack, no hangars. Luckily I had packed a rack like item. Told you I became an Italian woman on this trip.
This hotel had a private parking spot right outside so I placed the clothes drying tripod outside. Officially an Italian woman once you hang unders outside especially from a camera accessory. Only one day spent out in the burbs. Then I travelled into the city Milan on the metro. Chad was set to meet there after dropping the car at the train station.

No comments:
Post a Comment