28 March 2009- So now that my Wildcats are out of the tournie, I think it is officially baseball season. Go Diamondbacks! One week until opening day, hooray!
This week I spent getting up early and getting people to the train. Monday and Friday at least. A friend from Houston came in to Paris with her layovers to Italy so Thursday was a speed filled monuments of Paris tour. We toured the Louvre (bits and pieces), saw the Arc and Champs Elysees, took several Eiffel pictures (of course), had a cafe moment and did a lap in Notre Dame. Honestly that was all in an afternoon. I am a guide on fire! She comes back thru on Tuesday for shopping and twinkle show of Eiffel. She will be the RER train master having travelled in and out of Paris twice within a week.
Yesterday I got Flat Stanley'ed. He is a project of elementary schools across America. You take him out and get his photo somewhere unique to the location. Usually he is sent but that would be delayed and cost some money. I would love to see that customs form (une personne papier). He showed via email which was great, I just printed him out. Junior promptly took a chunk out of the piece of paper, but Stanley was uninjured. I wish he could have shown up a day earlier to speed travel the sights with DVC and me. I needed to pick up our new checkbook so I stashed him in my Felix-trick bag and headed off. Our bank branch is by the Eiffel so guess where Flat Stanley got his Paris picture? I figure elementary school kids wouldn't know many other French/Paris monuments other than the big one. That should go over well.
Today is lazy weekend plans. We need another water filter, this one has bitten the dust. That makes 3 in 1.5 years for tracking purposes. Brita can't make one that lasts more than 6 months. I also need geraniums for the balcony boxes. Time to add some color in the day. Monceau has them on sale for under 2 euros a piece. Lots of holding down the couch time as well.
Tomorrow is a big day. Rolly cart, bags and a new full checkbook: check. It is that time again for the Salon du Vin. Adding to our collection and I hope to get some photos this time of how huge and serious this event is. This time I vow to spit to not end up drunk buying.
28 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That was a beating. I am thankful that I was in the car on the way back from OK and did not have to witness it. Have a good weekend and fun with Flat Stanley!
Post a Comment