
My husband as Earl. This is one of three Earl pictures that were taken. Here I think he was laughing at me for taking random pictures.

The astounding grounds of Chambord. This was the view from the rooftop looking outward to 1000 hectares of grounds still used as a hunting ground. I would definitely like to return and with a bicycle to explore as much of the area as possible.

The Galerie of the Chenonceau, the Chateau des Dames. This was used as a hospital area during World War I. Later is a picture of the outside, kinda.

More of Chambord grounds from the other side of the entry. Enorme!!! Thus the bike for next time.

The fairytale place of Chateau Azay-le-Rideau. I mean look at that crazy blue sky and matching reflection.

Still hating Blogger and the photo jumble that occurs. I try, but foiled. This is the view of Chenonceau in a painting. Again the scaffolding was a bit distracting so this will have to do. The Galerie is the area that spans that river.

Me and a real French kitchen. Huge massive cooking equipment and copper everything. Makes me want to run down to Dehillerin and drop some serious cash on my own set. I will do that but only when we know we are packing our ocean going container. Look in the fireplace and see the rotisseries. Must be a standard issue item as even this "Frenchwoman" has one. It is truly a French gourmet dream!

Sarah moved to Arizona to get away from the cold weather. Poor girl was freezing out in the open Loire Valley. Here was a medieval fireplace in use and a welcome sight to her.

These are from the actual town of Tours. This was Chateau Tours but it was closed on Sunday aka dimanche. Not sure what the tree is but giant pink blooms are fantastic.

Sunset in Tours. Hard to see these in Paris with all the buildings in the way.

The old square in Tours. Also known as Vieux Tours. Always love these old town squares. This one was lined with cafes and bars. The old architecture with the beams, bricks and sagging from age.

The cathedral St. Gaiten in Tours. I just love stained glass windows. These were modern but still beautiful. The strong sunlight made the perfect complement to the stone walls. There was also a mini organ concert going on in between the masses. What a nice day and a good way to finish our mini-break out of Paris.
2 comments:
Chambord? I thought this was only a booze??
Those are some amazing pics.
Gold star to DK for the name of the tree, Japanese Magnolia. Only grows in colder climate so going to have take them in while I can.
Post a Comment