31 March 2009

Il fait beau...

31 March 2009- In like a lion, out like a lamb. A gorgeous 60 degree weather lamb with the full sun beating down on your standard issue black wool coat while you enjoy a lunch in the gardens of Luxembourg and your book "Twenty years later". No pictures of this, didn't want to spoil the moment. Put on the Ipod with my french tunes and soaked it in. Oh, bliss! Tulips have heads, just a few have opened, it is really trying to be spring here.
Also didn't photo the trash bins at Luxembourg. Once again full of the red white bags from the corner McDonalds. Who says the French hate American food?
I found a huge spider today under my coat on the hook. Those of you who know my terror story of spiders, this was a shock. Not a small one (those creep me out the most, keep reading for explanation) but a huge one. Arizona big! I bravely sucked him in the vacuum and changed the bag. It better not have been a momma spider and left me a "surprise" in the coat. That is what happened when I was 14. WARNING- STORY IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
I had fallen asleep in a chair. It had been left out back to dry after some cleaning. Well Momma spider had left her egg sack in the chair during its time outside. Now the chair was inside, me sleeping in it and the eggs hatch. The spinner spider babies were looking for a high point to catch a breeze from and blow away in the wind. That is right, I woke up to being covered in hundreds of baby spiders with little webs coming out all over me. I am okay with large ones but the small ones and webs freak me out, with a very good reason.

2 comments:

phuong said...

Wow...that is a seriously scary story. Like horror movie scary...

Laura S. said...

I would say that your fear is definitely justified. Way to be brave yesterday!