
19 October 2008- We aired each other out this weekend. We did a Linda led walking tour of the old Templar remains. We found a Hotel Oliver, no idea about it other than the coolness factor. Good thing we stayed away from Parc Floral for the Champignon exposition. Anyone who has dined with me should know my two detested foods. Champignon et moutard, yes I live in France and hate mushrooms and mustard. It can make things difficult but I get it to work. "We are the champignons, my friend." Just fungus and weird seeds.

Today we rode bikes along the river. They close it down to pedestrian, rollerblade and bike traffic every Sunday from 10 am to 7 pm. On our way back from our ride walk we encountered a manifestation. Huge one as it took up most of the Boulevard St. Michel from Luxembourg Gardens down to St. Germain. Lots of protestors, lots of causes, hard to say what it was all about. Chad thinks manifestations are useless, especially on a Sunday. I say it is the French practicing socialism, emphasis on the social. Again they were stopping at cafes, buying treats and singing. Here are they are walking in front of the Pantheon. Crepes, gelato shops and plenty of cafes on this street. Coincidence, I think not.

My husband relaxing after a long walk/ride and an extra pita sandwich in the park. Truly fall with all the leaves falling. We had to cover up our sandwiches at one point because the birds made an entire branch of leaves shower us. Another observation from the park, the garbage "cans" are full of garbage from McDo aka McDonalds. Who says the French don't enjoy fast food? In multiple garbage bags. By the way, Paris has few garbage cans. Mostly they are collars with a bag attached. I thought it was great so they know when to change the bag, no. Mom stop reading. It is bomb prevention to have see through garbage.
I enjoy Paris even more with my Chad. I think since I spend so much time in the city with my Ipod and walking tours, it is nice to see things that he usually misses. See the post about "things chad misses while at work." I have one more tour for October, titled "in the Shadow of the Pantheon" so I will be able to stroll up last minute since it will be so close to home. Then off to Krakow for the weekend for some vodka and experience crazy communism.
No comments:
Post a Comment