01 June 2008

Premiere and what raclette is

1 June 2008- First Sunday but no pictures allowed at Picasso Museum. We saw people taking pictures but I always bring out the museum employee so I didn't tempt fate. Not crowded and quite the building. Quite the artist too. I guess the displays rotate between this one and the one in Spain so always something new to see. Some of the best works were the pictures by Man Ray and Brassai of the Picasso collections. Amazing to see so many pieces clustered together in one same location. Museums have the class to stage everything but the haphazard grouping in black and white was cool. We enjoyed a giant schwarma sandwich on the way home. We definitely got in our daily allowance of veggies with cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant and cabbage. Oh yeah, and tasty shaved meat and hummus and pepper sauce almost busting out its pita shell. Tasty and delicious. Next time we will try L'As Falafel as recommended by Lenny Kravitz. They had a longer line and the place we tried was fast and I was hungry. Free lemonade too while we stood in line. A very nice touch.
We came home to a woman with about 2 inches of clearance un-parking her car. She got it out, about 5 minutes later. While I was talking with my sis and catching up on news from home, I prepared Chad a proper french meal of raclette. I boiled potatoes. Whew, hardwork. Here is me with our raclette grill. The meal is super easy, meat tray from grocery store, stacks of cheese raclette cheese is it name-easy melting, bread and boiled potatoes. My grill has 4 pan-lets for the cheese. You put that under the grill until bubbly and then spill it over potatoes, meat and bread. Eat and wash it down with a good strong red wine. Actually any wine will do, beer too. The grills are available in the US and any good melting cheese will do.





Here was the sunset at about 21h30 or 930. It was a stunner. Bon Soir

No comments: