28 January 2008- Returned home after a good week of visits and shopping ala USA style. sorry again if I missed you in Phx, I was packing a lot of stuff in and just ran out of time. I got in my Berli time, saw the folks and some friends. I ate massive amounts of mexican food, and even had some classics like Bison Witches. Plenty of good beer and lots of good conversation. Now back in my dream life in Paris France. Still sounds kind of odd to say that.
I got hassled by Continental US in Phx because my passport is a bit rough. It took a swim in the washing machine and I have a crease over my face. Only Continental has issue with it, not customs or TSA and only in the US. Heck now you don't even fill out a form to get into France. I didn't get a stamp yesterday, just a cursory glance. Silly American airlines.
Chad won one of his fantasy football championships so we are the new "owners" of a sling box. It uses an IP address for a DVR/cable box at a friend's house (really good friend now) and we can record and watch american TV. Hooray! WE can even hook the computer up to the TV and watch in HD and full 32 inches rather than on the computer screen.
We came home yesterday and our gardienne met us downstairs. Seemed there was a problem with the Junior. I think he just tricked her into giving him more food but he did throw a fit with the litter bag and box. I have to learn the phrase "He is a whiner and tricked you into thinking he was hungry." Most likely he was lonely because he is always hungry. He has morphed into the dog more and more. Eats in under 30 seconds, lies on me during yoga, and tries to trick you into giving more food and treats any chance he can get.
We timed this trip out perfectly. We got out of Paris during fashion week, I got out of Phoenix before the Super Bowl hoopla, and there is a Mary Kay convention this weekend in Houston. Whew, those women can get crazy!
Now out of the apartment for some grocery shopping. I am jonesing for some fresh bread.
28 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment