16 December 2007

Wintertime in Paris



16 December 2007- It is truly winter for us. The temperature is dropping (thus the picture of our weather station dude). I don't think the dude has anymore clothes he could put on. And yes, that is truly what we look like when we leave the building. I made the comment to Chad that all the babies resemble Randy from A Christmas Story. Can't put their arms down. It is quite funny to see one in the suit strapped on to mom or dad's chest. Quite the growth.
We made it to the Bon Marche today. It is the only department store on the left bank. In actuality there is Lafayette but they are undergoing a major remodel. Nothing too impressive there. Chad and I switched off buying each other gifts right in front of each other. The big highlight of the day was the Bon Marche Food store. A department store sized grocery store. Way bigger than Whole Foods or AJs for scale. We bought some fromage empanadas (yum) and a cheese selection. Chad of course had to check out the beer section (his unending quest for beer in France) and bought an original Budweiser from the Czech Republic. Wasn't any better than the stuff from St. Louis.
The other picture is of the market street right by the apartment. It has more lights and I will try to get out and get more pictures. Welcome to Rue Moffetard!

No comments: