30 September 2007, posted 3 days later.
Left Phoenix tonight and my dog is back in the dry heat of Arizona. I am very sad but I know he would be miserable in our petit appartement in the districts of Paris proper. His auntie is going to take good care of him. God bless my previous tenant who installed an ice maker in the freezer. Free treats for Berli! You would think they are gold. Ah, the life of a dog. Missing you already bubba.
My dream of being a health care professional has finally been crushed. Nurses are so flexible and in demand everywhere, I wish I had gone that route. Good thing I didn’t. A lady passed on behind Chad and he helped her. Poor thing had donated blood and couldn’t keep her legs under her. Just watching her made me get faint. Hot and a bit of tunnel vision and a bit hard to keep upright. I am not cut out for nursing. Also reason number 856,329 why I won’t be having children either. Sticking with the four legged kids who are amused with ice and rays of sunlight.
I spent most of time hanging with my mom and pops. I told him he had to heal up fast so that the next time I see him it is at the international arrivals at Charles De Gaulle or Orly airports. Dad inherited the TIVO box. He will soon come to the realization that VHS is dead. He is in for it. It is addictive. Which reminds me, I missed watching ER. Guess I should be packing, selling or closing accounts instead of watching TV. No sense getting hooked on anything only to find out that Europe doesn’t carry the show.
Vegas is in the works for this weekend. I think the both of us need a vacation. I am looking forward to one last fest with all the friends and family before my conversion to a Parisian is complete. My dress is a lovely French designer affair. (From Target.com by Isaac Mizrahi.) The theme is Travel, not really but I figure that could work. Loose baggy clothing, slip on shoes, but liquids over 12 oz are so allowed.
My gripe of the week is with new computers. Why do they have to come with so much redundant and huge files of software? I think getting rid of the games (trial runs of 9999 versions of Bejeweled etc), got me back a full gigabyte of memory. What a scam right along the lines of weddings and insurance. Can I get a “curse you Bill G”?
03 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment