16 September 2007

Ashby Nickell Adventure begins..


Sunday 16 September 2007- To catch everyone up, Chad and I moved to Houston with the thought that some day, we would be in Paris. Hooray, our wish came true. Now we are off on the newest adventure: "honeymooning" in Paris for the next 3 to 5 years.


In preparation for the upcoming move to Paris, I have been a tad busier than usual. Cleaning out closets, pulling weeds and football are a great way to spend the day. I am glad to say that I will not be moving all my clothes. I have to give up the walk in closet and dresser to go very Parisian. Good thing they have IKEA there with their lovely PAX storage solutions :)

So far on the To Do list, (a) let everyone know that yes we are married! Chad's mom Rose got to hear on Thursday. What can we say? Sorry, we have quite a bit going on. (b) Still planning Vegas for the reception so I hope people show and RSVP so I know how many favors to make. (c) get house ready for sale. Yardwork is first. I still have to get our neighbor to take down his pickets that have been nailed to his windows in preparation for Rita 2005. Although with Humberto coming to in 12 hours, he might be on to something.

The Berlin-ator is down to 2 weeks with us. I will be a wreck then but I know the beast dog wouldn' t do well on the plane ride over to France let alone the apartment. His step-brother Junior might be able to make the trip. We have to get him to the vet and get him microchipped. Then he will be able to whine, walk on the phone and lay on our chests as a Parisian housecat. Which might have been his calling all along.

No comments: